I have bought some ebooks for my PRS-505 with the Sony Software eBook Library.
Recently, I could not start the software any more. The process “ebook Library.exe” was shown in Task Manager, but the GUI was not there.
After some investigation I found this instructions at Sony:
- Click the Start button and click Computer .
- In the address bar, type C:\programdata and press Enter .
- In the ProgramData window, right-click the kinoma folder and click Delete .
- Right-click the Marlin folder and click Delete .
- In the address bar, click Local Disk C: , then open the Program Files folder.
- In the Program Files window, open the Sony folder.
- In the Sony window, right-click the Reader folder and click Delete .
- In the address bar, click Local Disk C: , then open the Users folder.
- In the Users window, open your username folder.
- In the username folder, open the AppData folder.
- In the AppData window, open the Local folder.
- In the Local folder, right-click the kinoma folder and click Delete .
- In the Local window, open the Sony Corporation folder.
- In the Sony Corporation window, right-click the eBook Library folder and click Delete .
- Close the Reader window and install the Reader software.
Two things to consider before you start:
1. Uninstall the software first
2. Some folders are hidden, be sure that you enable Show hidden files.
For managing your ebooks I highly recommend calibre: http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/
A customer recently had problems with crawling his Web Application. This problems were solved, but after that, the crawl broke again.
After some investigation, I found out that the IP address of the dedicated WFE for crawling was wrong. SharePoint entered the wrong IP address in the HOSTS file.
I configured the Search Service to use one dedicated WFE for crawling. This is very useful, because the other two WFEs can be used for user access only (they are load balanced).
Here is a picture of that:
I discovered that the HOSTS file was filled with the first entry IPCONFIG shows on the target WFE:
The .178 was added to the HOSTS file, but not reachable from the index server, it should have been the .148. The crawl was impossible.
I configured the search service on the index server to use all WFEs for crawling. This way, it does not touch the HOSTS file and I was able to enter the right address to it manually.
Thanks to http://www.mindsharpblogs.com/daniel/archive/2007/02/01/1518.aspx for guiding me in this direction.
I wanted to connect to one of my Hyper-V virtual machines and got this error:
Checking the Internet, I found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967902/en-us
What should I say, it worked
Recently I had to search all ULS logs on the servers of a customer because a Microsoft engineer (thanks Robin) found this failure in a portion of a provided log:
Aborting profile synchronization for content DB xxx
We wanted to see how often the failure happened in the past. I did some searching and found Microsoft Log Parser 2.2.
With Log Parser you can do SQL like queries in Windows event logs, IIS logs and all kind of text based logs. I am not a genius when it comes to SQL queries, but this query lead to success on the customers servers:
SELECT * INTO c:\logparser\out.txt FROM ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\LOGS\%computername%*.log’ HAVING Message LIKE ‘%aborting profile sync%’
- “INTO c:\logparser\out.txt” puts the output to out.txt
- “%computername%*.log” was used because only ULS logs should be considered, not the upgrade.log, for example
- “LIKE ‘%aborting profile sync%’” was used as the actual search query
I saved this query to the file query.txt and ran this command:
LogParser -i:tsv -o:tsv file:c:\logparser\query.txt
Again, some explanation:
- -i:tsv defines that the input file is tab separated (like the ULS logs)
- -o:tsv defines that the output file should be tab separated
The search in 1,5 GB ULS logs took about one minute!
When you want to use Log Parser, be sure to take a look at the included help file to learn about more input and output types.